- It’s Targetable – With a direct mail campaign you have the ability to leverage customer information and target the prospects most likely to respond to your message (from a specific neighborhood to precise household characteristics and personal interests).
- It’s Personal – Build a relationship with your prospective or current customer by creating personalized direct mail pieces with the recipient’s name and a customized message. This personalized touch is critical in building a relationship with the reader and results in a higher likelihood of driving action.
- It’s Tangible – Because direct mail is delivered directly to your prospects’ hands, they are virtually guaranteed to see your message. Since customers can also physically touch your piece of mail, they are more likely to see its contents as reliable.
- It’s Visible – Traditional mailboxes are seeing a decline in volume as people and businesses switch to email both for personal contact and bill paying. With the decreased volume of traditional mail, direct mail is more effective due to fewer messages competing for your recipient’s attention.
- It’s Long Lasting – Unlike email which is quickly deleted from the inbox, direct mail has a greater chance to grab the attention of your prospective customer as the message remains in the home for a longer period of time.
- It’s Measurable – Direct mail is unique in comparison to other marketing channels in that its results and performance can be easily tracked to measure the financial return on your marketing investment. By using various methods to identify the response, you can track the cost per lead, overall results, and the profitability of your campaign to determine its success.
- It’s Cost Effective – Sending direct mail is a cost effective solution to get your message into the hands of your prospective customer. One of the most responsive media, direct mail generates a low cost per order or lead, making your return on investment noteworthy.
- It Builds Your Brand – Company messaging, no matter the type, can help to build your brand and improve company recognition.
- It Produces Positive ROI – One of the most effective ways to reach prospective and current customers, direct mail yields one of the highest response rates in terms of marketing messages and company communications. According to a study by the Direct Marketing Association, direct mail produces a 4.4% response rate compared to other methods like email (0.12%), paid search (0.22%) and display ads (0.04%).
- It’s Proven – Direct mail is a proven marketing channel that has stood the test of time. During the last 12 months direct mail has continued to yield successful results that confirm its place at the top of the marketing ladder.
- BONUS 11TH REASON – POSTAGE IS NOT TAXABLE! Save the 7% NJ State Sales Tax on the postage postage portion of your Direct Mail project. YOU CAN'T DO THAT WITH ANY OTHER FORM OF ADVERTISING!!!
There’s no better way to advance your business than by growing your customer base and improving current customer communications with a strategic direct mail marketing campaign.